Free Market Music is a music technology company located in Nashville, TN. We are hiring key members of our engineering team to create the next-gen music marketplace. We are looking for people with the ambition, skills, and endurance necessary to create and implement a world-class product.
Our next teammate will take ownership of the features they build while working independently and communicating issues, concerns, and progress along the way. Some of our team is remote, and some of them work in our office. This position is 100% remote.
We all wear a bunch of hats at Free Market Music, and we're looking for flexible individuals who love to solve interesting problems. We need high-energy engineers with exceptional integrity, transparent communication, and high standards.
What you'll be doing:
Free Market Music needs an experienced Senior iOS Developer to assume an integral role in maintaining and growing our flagship mobile product.
- Taking ownership of the development and delivery of our main commercial iOS product
- Developing responsive UI/UX experiences that compete with industry standard iOS applications
- Implementing innovative and complex user interfaces that are appealing across many devices
- Communicate with the design team to provide technical input and help the team understand the implementation details of a design
- Utilizing performant multi-threaded, asynchronous code to address content delivery and on-device memory management
- Proposing creative solutions and participate in conceptual discussions on best practices and technologies
- Constructing user stories, estimates, and participating in our development flow
- Manage deployment pipelines using TestFlight for internal testing and handling communication with Apple during the approval process
What we require:
Our ideal candidate would describe themselves as an A-player, with exceptional integrity and high standards. They are solution-oriented and value the responsibility of delivering high-quality software. They view uncharted territory as an exciting opportunity and a desire to learn new concepts and technologies.
- Significant experience developing native mobile applications using Swift
- A reputation for delivering reliable code that is on time, well-tested, and meets pixel perfect design standards
- Degree in STEM discipline (Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math), or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of five years of iOS development experience
- Deep understanding of mobile design principles and UI/UX standards
- Published personal or company applications to the app store
- Experience consuming video, audio, and images
- Must be able to work independently while communicating issues, concerns, and progress to team members
- Experience with monitoring tools for performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Familiar with cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure) and services including push notifications, analytics, etc.
- Comfortable using Git source control
- Familiarity with continuous integration and deployment concepts