Phase2 is a digital product agency passionate about customer experience, grounded in data and insights, and rooted in 20 years of successful technology delivery. We make digital products that inspire, engage, and create impact. For the most influential companies in the world, Phase2 is a proven partner, guiding our clients toward what's next in the digital landscape.
Phase2 is looking for a developer with a strong react native development background to join our expanding team. The ideal candidate is a passionate problem-solver and leader who applies their technical experience to create compelling and useful digital experiences. You will work closely with UX, Product, stakeholders and other developers to build innovative enterprise applications that will impact large numbers of users.
This position reports to Dan Muzyka, Director of Engineering
- Implement projects with minimal technical oversight.
- Perform business and functional requirements analysis and capture with clients and analysts.
- Analyze existing implementations to extract business and functional requirements.
- Perform analysis for new technology to determine appropriate usage.
- Lead development teams through the development process to successfully deliver valuable features and projects.
- Provide technical oversight to small teams of developers.
- Ensure code and systems are developed with appropriate levels of quality.
- Configure software and infrastructure to support deployment of implemented projects.
- Design and implement subsystems of the software architecture.
- Implement automation to support builds, deployments and code quality checks.
- Estimate development time for subsystems and projects.
- Create design and operational documentation for subsystems and projects.
- Perform release management activities.
- Recommend improvements to Phase2’s development and deployment practices.
- Participate in the development of best practices and standards within the company.
- Serve as proactive and efficient conduit for knowledge sharing across the company.
- Maintain managerial relationships with more junior members of the engineering team.
- Assist with the career development of staff within the engineering team.
- Minimum 3 years of full-time professional experience as a software developer.
- Must live in the US and be authorized to work in the US without employment sponsorship.
- Experience using Git, including the abilities to commit code, work with merge conflicts and comprehend industry standard Git workflows.
- Experience building out React Native components, using hooks and working with component lifecycle.
- Extensive knowledge of testing best practices.
- Strong understanding of accessibility best practices on mobile devices.
- Experience consuming REST APIs.
- Understanding of Agile/Scrum methodologies.
- Ability to perform in a team environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum 3 years of full-time professional experience as a native app developer.
- Experience developing in Swift, Objective-C, Java, or Kotlin.
- Demonstrable portfolio of one or more enterprise-level application(s) released on the App store or the Android market.
- Experience with tools such as Jest or Appium.
- Experience consuming GraphQL APIs.
- Experience creating REST and GraphQL based APIs in a Node.js environment.
- Experience managing or mentoring other developers.
- Drupal experience. ** Physical Demands ** Frequently remain in a stationary position, often standing or sitting for prolonged periods of time.
- Occasional adjusting or moving of light objects up to 20 pounds in all directions.
- Continuous communication on live video chats, calls, and through emails and messaging platforms for the purpose of exchanging information.
- Continuous repetitive movements that may include the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- [If applicable] Travel (approx. up to 5%) when required (travel not required during the pandemic)
Comprehension- Must continuously be able to understand direction and adhere to established procedures. Must also be able to gather information from clients and employees and synthesize this information in a meaningful way. May also be responsible for making improvements or recommendations to existing procedures.
Organization- Must continuously be able to gather and classify information, store information learned from conversations and communications, and then be and be able to quickly recall, interpret, and explain information.
Reasoning and Decision Making- Must continuously use logic to analyze and interpret information, and prioritize.
Communication- Must continuously express or exchange ideas and meaning with employees and clients.
Resilience- Must continuously adapt well in the face of workplace stressors.
More About Phase2
Phase2 has an unwavering commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
As a remote-first company, we are able to compete for the best talent, no matter where they live. Our salary structure is commensurate with accomplishment. We offer a full benefits package including 401K with an automatic company contribution. We have more than 140 employees in our Arlington, Virginia, New York, New York, Portland, Oregon, and “everywhere” offices.
We are dedicated to creating an environment of openness and engagement. Each member of our workforce can bring the fullest expression of themselves to work every day in order to best serve one another and our clients. We commit to keeping our workplace free from discrimination based upon race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information. Phase2 is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and participates in E-Verify.