The Request Foundation’s mission is to re-invent how we experience payments, rebuild trust and integrity in the financial industry and be at the forefront of financial inclusion. We inspire and educate developers, partners, and authorities to use the Request Network and build an ecosystem of financial applications together that is open source, seamless and interoperable.
Through our suite of financial apps dedicated to crypto first companies, we’re building a network that connects businesses around the world, gives them ways to make business at the speed of the internet.
Our first product, Request Invoicing, allows any business and organization to bill and receive payments in both traditional currencies and digital ones such as USDC, DAI and USDT among many others in the list.
Our global and fully remote team is constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower Defi (decentralized finance) and Crypto first businesses around the world.
We are looking for an experienced Full-stack Engineer to join the development team, used to development on solutions with high usage (2000-5000 monthly users), to support our scaling phase.
- Participate in the Request Invoicing development
- Keep yourself up-to-date with our stack: Typescript, Node, React, Mongo, Kubernetes, Docker, NPM, Circle CI.
- Participate in the continuous improvement of the Request Network library, make it easy to pay and get paid on Ethereum and other public blockchains with open source packages: request-client.js, payment-processor, payment-detection, etc.
- Propose functional design improvements, challenge the infrastructure, the development & release process.
- Design and implement integrations with partners (Invoicing REST API, payment detection on other blockchains, accounting software etc.)
- Optionally gain knowledge and responsibility over our decentralized framework: ethers.js, IPFS, Solidity, Infura.
- Solid knowledge of computer science fundamentals: algorithms, data structures, databases, distributed systems, operating systems, networking
- Strong interest in blockchain technology, and the future of payments
- Strong knowledge of Typescript and Node.js
- Used to open-source development
- Understanding of API design (REST, RPC)
- Good understanding of git and continuous integration tools
- Self-motivated, innovative and proactive
- Ability to take responsibility for projects and the willingness to learn and grow professionally in a team environment
- Willingness to improve by giving and asking for feedback
- Team spirit above personal results
Bonus - this makes you stand out
- Good knowledge of Ethereum: frequent dapp usage or smart-contract development
- Familiarity with kubernetes, Helm, Google Cloud Platform, CircleCI
- Mobile development (architecture, design, development framework)
- Monitoring of stability and performances
WHY WORK WITH REQUEST ?
- Being on the frontier of this new and exciting technology, you will be given the chance to lead the way forward!
- You will have the opportunity to work in a highly ambitious team that wants to have a lasting impact on the way we experience finance tomorrow
- Work in an informal and friendly environment that is very open to new initiatives and ideas
- The team is inclusive, with inspirational and international colleagues that like to participate in team events
- Unlimited vacation days with a mandatory minimum of 20/year.
- We all work remotely (even without pandemic) but we love to meet as frequently as possible, with at least 3 company-wide reunions per year where possible.
- Salary: 60 000€ - 80 000€ yearly