Scratch Financial ("Scratchpay") is a financial technology startup based in Los Angeles, California. Our goal is to make difficult financial decisions simple and increase accessibility to fair, affordable, and transparent medical financing. Driven by our award-winning technology, Scratchpay has become the fastest growing financing provider in veterinary care, with our payment plans now offered in over 10,000 practices across the U.S. and Canada–ranging from dental offices to optometry clinics. With long-established industry giants in our sights, we’re looking to shake up the patient payments space, and we’d love to have you come aboard for the ride!
If putting compassion first, helping create groundbreaking products and continuously iterating & refining those products sound like you, then we encourage you to apply.
This position is open to remote candidates based Worldwide
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join the engineering team at Scratchpay. Scratchpay is on a mission to help people and their loved ones live happier lives by making access to healthcare simple. Over 1 million people have already turned to Scratchpay to help them with their care. Interested in helping design and build products that help people around the world live happier and healthier lives? Then read on…
We’re looking for a Full Stack Developer to join our SAAS team. The ideal candidate will be well experienced in New Product Development and that has a passion for creating New and innovative products and solutions that meet the client’s needs. The ideal candidate will also be someone that is innovative, open to change and strives to deliver high quality code in collaboration with their team. You will be responsible for designing and developing front end and back end web architecture, testing your solutions, and ensuring its ongoing responsiveness.
Traits that we’re looking for in you:
You have strong organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
You learn and course correct when you don’t get the results you want.
You love doing things efficiently.
Traits that you can expect from us:
At Scratchpay, the work you do will have a disproportionate impact on the business. We believe in systems and processes that let us scale our impact to be larger than ourselves.
We also believe in small teams. Small teams are fast and nimble. Small teams mean less bureaucracy and less management and more getting things done.
We believe in a safe, welcoming, and inclusive environment, and we care most about getting it right rather than being right.
Even though our job description may seem like we're looking for a specific candidate, the role inevitably ends up tailored to the person who applies and joins. Regardless of how well you feel you fit our description, we encourage you to apply if you meet the criteria above and below:
Minimum requirements of the role
- At least 3 years of experience in full-stack software development
- Strong Experience with NodeJS
- Deep understanding of OOP and development patterns
- Strong knowledge of Database (such as MySQL or Postgres)
- Experience with microservice based architecture.
- Strong coding skills, ability to use BDD and TDD where needed.
- Experience and confidence developing RESTful APIs and High-load apps.
- Ability to switch between languages and frameworks , not vendor-locked-in.
- Knowing what Agile and Scrum are.
- Fluent in English.
- Ability to design, write and test code, algorithms, whether in the front-end, back-end, you-name-it (Cloud Functions).
- Nice to have: knowledge of C#, Google Cloud, CI/CD, Kubernetes, and Docker.
- Nice to have: Experience in building payment solutions.
- Nice to have: Experience in loans business.
Duties of the role
- Architect, discuss, design, implement systems within the Scratch ecosystem. From simple (but important) sign-up forms to complex back-offices to end-user facing forms to multi-service signal-based event integration. There is no limit to what the business needs, and there is no limit to how good our solutions can be.
- Help Scratch develop its test infrastructure and write tests-as-we-code to improve Scratch test coverage.
- Grow and improve the Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery.
- Participate in all technical and product discussions together with the team.
- Work with 100% quality and business-sustainability in mind!
- Developing front end and back end website architecture.
- Designing user interactions on web pages.
- Creating servers and databases for functionality.
- Ensuring cross-platform optimization for mobile phones.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Working alongside graphic designers for web design features.
- Seeing through a project from conception to finished product.
- Designing and developing restful APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Staying abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages.
What we are looking for in the right candidate
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong sense of delivering high quality work
- Good problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Forward thinking and innovative
- Have empathy.
- Know your stuff and know what you don't know.
- Take constructive criticism.
- Collaborative Team Player
- Open to change
Scratchpay is committed to diversity in its workforce and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Scratchpay considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.