As a Senior Full Stack Engineer you will work on our real estate portals built as SPA’s with React, Node and Django as well as on our customer facing tools. These are complex systems with many moving parts and drastic performance requirements. You will have to write new code and understand legacy systems, design new parts and keep an eye on performance bottlenecks. A high degree of autonomy is offered and we expect you will use it to make decisions and shape the future of our software stack.
Our environment is low on processes and meetings with a strong emphasis on best practices and code quality. We have loosely defined teams of people who put a high value on personal autonomy. If this sounds tempting to you and you think you are a good fit, we would love to hear from you!
Skills & Requirements
Experience and Pragmatism
This role is for somebody who has been through several releases and products built from ground up. We expect some degree of specialisation on technology but if that does not align with the one we’re using at the moment we don’t mind.
What we expect is:
- University Degree in CS, CE or closely related
- At least 5 years of experience writing code professionally
- A good understanding of all common data structures
- Ability to write complex algorithms
- Ability to design software systems with multiple parts across multiple technologies
- A good understanding of performance optimisation techniques
While knowing our stack is definitely an advantage, it is not by any means a disqualifying factor:
- Python 3, Django, React, Redux, Node, Express
- Other technologies and services: Universal Web Apps, Machine Learning, Celery, RabbitMQ, Redis, Heroku, AWS, Algolia, CDN’s
What is it like to work for us?
Here are some ideas we have that might help you figure that out:
- Offering the best and expecting to get the same in return: we let you choose your hardware to work on.
- Autonomy: you will choose the tools you want to use and get to make all the technical decisions as long as they make sense (that's for the Chief Architect to decide)
- Mastery: we will encourage and support you to learn as long as it takes so you can feel proud about your work (the nice side effect of this is having awesome products built by you)
- Low on processes: we rely a lot on personal decisions instead of guiding behavior through processes. No mandatory regular meetings. No standups.
- Salary EUR/year: 66k - 85k (gross salary including mandatory employer contribution in the country of residence)
- 26 paid vacation days
- Other small perks some more regular and predictable than others
Eligibility and form of employment
Form of employment
The form of employment offered is the standard permanent form of employment which is protected by the labour law. This is to make sure that by working remotely, our colleagues are not deprived of their rights according to the laws of the country of their residence. Sector Labs will employ the services of a payroll specialized company for each country where we have employees to make sure compliance with local law and regulations is met. So far, we have colleagues working remotely in Germany, Austria, Greece and Hungary and all the taxes are paid in the respective countries just as if we would have a branch in each of them.
At the moment, this job is only offered to the residents of the EU countries. If we see significant interest from a non-EU country we will consider opening a branch in that country to be able to engage in a standard form of employment.
Sector Labs is based in Cluj-Napoca and was founded in 2016 as part of EMPG
. With a presence in 18 countries and combined traffic of more than 200m sessions per month, EMPG owns and operates property verticals and classifieds platforms in emerging markets.
Soon after we were founded we managed to build some of the fastest classifieds portals in the world (e.g. bayut.com
). Working along with engineering teams in Pakistan, United Arab Emirates, Thailand, Philippines, and Spain we make it our mission to enable and optimize businesses through technology driven by a healthy combination of pragmatism and ambition.