is the leading platform for workshop facilitation and process design
. We are working to empower people to design and run better workshops, with more than 100.000 professionals using our Software-as-a-Service product.
We are looking for a senior full-stack developer with frontend focused experience to help us scale our platform and deliver more value to our customers.
You’ll be our fourth developer, working closely with our CTO and 2 senior developers, as well as our designer and product manager. You’ll build new and exciting features, improve platform security and maintain stability of our infrastructure. You will have a chance to work on and influence our whole stack, including DevOps, with an initial focus on the frontend.
We are a bootstrapped and profitable software business, headquartered in Tallinn, Estonia, and working across Europe with a fully remote 8-person team (team members currently in Sweden, Hungary, UK, Russia, Spain, Croatia and Austria). Therefore, we are looking for somebody who is self-motivated, independent and comfortable working in a remote-first environment.
Who we are looking for:
- You have a deep React knowledge and experience.
- You excel at CSS and enjoy developing Design Systems.
- You have experience with the Rails framework (or similar like Django).
- You are comfortable building full stack features from scratch.
- You are comfortable working in a small startup where cross discipline work is encouraged.
- You are good at problem solving critical production issues in a timely manner.
- You seek to take on responsibilities and take ownership of the work you do.
- You thrive working independently, but also enjoy collaborating with people from different disciplines and you always try to look at the big picture.
- Experience working remotely.
- You are based within UTC-8 and UTC+3 and have a few work hours overlap with 8am to 3pm UTC
Advantages (not a must but a big plus):
- Experience with technologies in our stack (Mobx, Webpack, PostgreSQL, Pusher).
- Experience with UX/UI design and prototyping.
- Experience in working on real-time sync in collaborative applications.
- Experience in scaling web applications and optimizing frontend code.
- Experience with workflow tools (Github Actions, Sentry, Mixpanel, Jira).
- Experience with deploying production grade systems on Amazon Web Services (EC2, CloudFront, S3).
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Experience with maintaining WordPress.
So what will I be doing?
To give you an honest perspective of where we are now: we have a stable application and infrastructure with a relatively up-to-date codebase and an extensive customer-driven roadmap of new features and improvements we want to bring to the app.
This is where you come into the picture: we need somebody who can work full-time on bringing new features and improvements to the app.
In more practical terms:
- Building new features that have frontend or full-stack requirements.
- Work with our designer to define and maintain a consistent Design System.
- Debugging production related issues.
- Improve frontend performance.
- Working with our designer to provide technical input on new designs.
- Working with the CTO and the other developers to improve the developer experience.
- Scaling the infrastructure.
Why is this great for me?
- Opportunity to get involved early in building and scaling a product in a fast-growing market.
- Your role and responsibility will grow as our company grows.
- Work remotely and create your own schedule (we believe in trust and autonomy).
- Stable working environment that values work-life balance.
- Motivated co-workers.
- You will also have a chance to travel a couple of times per year to live company meetings (pandemic permitting 😕).
- Open-minded working culture where we encourage sharing opinions and feedback.
- You are passionate about building stable apps that provide great user experiences. 🙂
The compensation range for this role is between €60,000 to €84,000 annually on B2B contract or matching gross salary as an employee (official employment status only available in certain countries). The actual compensation offered to a successful candidate will be based on relative experience and skills.
The compensation includes 20 calendar days of holiday per year plus your local holidays as paid time off, and additional remote working or home office setup support.
Here is also the outline of the whole application process, so you know what to expect:
- Fill in and submit the application form – we will try to get back to you within 2 working days, but sometimes it might take slightly longer
- A short (up to 30-minute) non-technical video interview where we try to see if there is culture fit between you and SessionLab
- A technical interview (60-minute) video interview where we will assess if your technical skills are right for the role
- Top candidates will be invited for a one-day paid contract work where you get to experience how we work and we get to see how you thrive under a busy day of work.
- If all goes well, we will make you an offer and if you accept, welcome you to our team!
Want to learn more about us?
Check out below for some bits about who we are:
- Read more about recent team retreat.
- How we wrapped up 2020.
- As a fully remote team we live in UK, Spain, Sweden, Hungary, Russia, Croatia and Austria.
- Half of us have kids.
- We tend to meet live (when not in pandemic) twice a year and enjoy some nice activities (like cooking, escape rooms and board games).
- We do also have social virtual activities (and always looking for new ideas on fun ways to spend some virtual time together).