About the job
As a Full Stack Engineer at Tilla, you'll help change the way workforce management is done in a global key industry - the shipping industry.
Without seafarers nothing would work in the industry that accounts for about 90% of world trade. Yet they are mostly seen as cheap labor. Tilla is a Berlin-based, early stage B2B start-up that focuses on the people behind the process. We create transparency and trust while always keeping the core process in mind.
We are backed by Flagship Founders, the world’s first company builder focused on maritime space and have unique access to decision makers across the industry.
You'll be at the point where our product people, designer, and technical team come together to deliver a quality end result. It will be your responsibility to drive the entire product development flow, from design & development to deployments & maintenance.
The Tech Stack
We are still at a very early stage, so much of the tech stack is rapidly changing. We are looking for someone who considers this greenfield an opportunity to make an impact. Our current tech stack:
- React / Next.JS
- GraphQL with Apollo & Prisma
As a full-stack developer, you'll be responsible for doing whatever it takes to bring our product from idea to fully functional. You'll be joining the team early in the project, which means you'll be largely self-sufficient and set your own goals.
- You've shipped large applications with many components and data structures.
- You have a proven ability to design interfaces that stand the test of time.
- You have experience integrating complex 3rd party APIs
- You have an eye for good UI and appreciate UI development in its own right
- You're comfortable making technical decisions in the fast-paced, ever-changing environment of a start-up company
- You're a Manager of One
- You see things through from start to finish
- You can manage yourself but you also work well with others
- You understand the importance of keeping things simple and flexible
- Fluent English and an excellent communicator
- A good sense of humour and a great team player
Tilla, as a young company willing to go against the status quo, puts the seafarer back in the spotlight.
Our first product is focused on automating crew changes, an exercise in global logistics to get seafarers to cargo vessels and home. This process involves a variety of stakeholders, air travel, local logistics and is highly inefficient, intransparent, and costly.
- The salary range is within $80k - $100k
- Paid time off
- If remote, frequent chances to meet the team
- Computer at your disposal
- A ride on one of these beautiful ships, whenever they are somewhere near you
If you wish to come to Berlin from outside the EU, we will put a lawyer at your disposal that helps you with all aspects of visa, work permit and German bureaucracy.