Vinovest is seeking a passionate Lead Software Engineer to drive our efforts to democratize access to fine wine investing. You will be part of our core team and a critical member of our small, growing organization.
Who you are
You are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results. You are able to handle shifting priorities and are comfortable with ambiguity. You are a self starter with a can-do attitude and a team player. You have a strong feeling of ownership of your work.
What you will do
- Lead the direction of the development of Vinovest’s mobile application using the best technologies available to deliver new features as needed.
- Seek to mitigate shortcomings in the path taken to implement old and new features and help to improve
the direction through pull requests, proposing architectural changes, and implementing better alternatives as part of the day to day work.
- Work with design and product to give feedback and guidance on our Figma designs to ensure all edge cases are covered and our end users will have an enjoyable experience
- Act as a mentor to engineers on both your direct team and across the engineering organization to help raise the bar and set new standards as our team scales
- Brainstorm features with product + design teams and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase and the industry as a whole
- Assist team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency
Our Commitment to Diversity
Vinovest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.
- 4+ years of software development experience shipping features to consumers using React or React Native.
- Proficiency with Typescript
- A deep understanding of core mobile application concepts (e.g. mobile app lifecycle, push notification handling, and deep-linking).
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in mobile application architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Familiar with full-stack architecture of complex applications with a wide range of features
- Outstanding follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet over 50% of the role’s requirements.