Vinovest is seeking a passionate Software Engineer to drive our efforts to democratize access to fine wine investing. You will be part of our core team and a critical member of our small, growing organization.
Who you are
You are curious, inventive, and work to be a little better every single day. You thrive in cross-functional roles and love working side-by-side with the best engineers and designers. You work well under pressure, and you are accountable to results.
What you will do
- Contribute to the development of Vinovest’s mobile application from an early stage using technologies such as React Native, React Navigation, and Jest.
- Work with Figma designs to vet, iterate, and implement new features
- Work with backend + data teams to ensure feature efficacy and reporting
- Brainstorm features with product + design teams and guide decisions based on your knowledge of the codebase
- Assist team in triaging bugs and solving issues in production
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize efficiency
- Self starter, can do attitude, team player and overall sense of ownership
Our Commitment to Diversity
Vinovest is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of backgrounds and perspectives to cultivate an environment of understanding to have greater impact on our business and customers. We encourage under-represented groups to apply and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status, or criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws.
What you should have
- 3+ years of software development experience shipping features to consumers using React Native
- Proficiency with Typescript
- An understanding of core mobile application concepts (e.g. mobile app lifecycle, push notification handling, and deep-linking).
- You’re familiar with current trends and best practices in mobile application architecture, including performance, security and usability.
- Exposure to AWS
- Outstanding follow-through. You say what you’ll do, and do what you say. You hold your team to this standard. You don’t let details slip.
- You listen well. You build consensus by default, but can drive hard decisions when needed. You push the pace. You take blame and pass on praise. People love working with you.
Even if you don’t meet 100% of the above qualifications, you should still seriously consider applying. Studies show that you can still be considered for a role if you meet over 50% of the role’s requirements.