Location: Austria, Germany, Switzerland - preferred: Vienna, Dornbirn, Berlin, rest of Europe also possible (remote)
Position: Full-time employment
Crate.io is the developer of CrateDB, a global leading-edge IoT database, extending the limits of time-series applications. The highly scalable distributed database solution combines the performance of NoSQL with the power and simplicity of standard SQL. Designed specifically to support machine data applications and IIoT, CrateDB is optimized for time series and industrial data and runs in the cloud on Azure and Amazon as well as on the edge and on-premise.
We are a VC and corporate funded global technology company in the IOT space, both Forbes and Gartner have recognized us as cutting edge. The company is well funded with $10M+ of fresh capital we raised in our latest financing round this year. We are gearing up for hyper-growth with offices in the USA, Germany, Austria and Switzerland. In addition to the CrateDB, we are developing a leading edge IOT Platform to enable Smart manufacturing and Industry 4.0 initiatives with our customers globally. The solution is live today with the first lighthouse customer and expected to commercially launch later this year.
With our Analytics Platform, we are leveraging the power of CrateDB for discrete manufacturing use cases to enable the frontline workers by providing a “digital friend” to them. We build the next generation of analytics processes and tools to enable efficiency on the factory floor and help rollout teams and integration specialists to roll this out to their factories.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a Frontend Software Engineer to strengthen our team. This role will report directly to the Lead Engineer.
WHAT YOU GET OUT OF THIS OPPORTUNITY
- Join a leading VC funded tech company from the pre-B stage through the exit
- Contribute demonstrable business impact to Crate’s growth
- Be part of an open, collaborative culture with “Craties” from diverse backgrounds
WHAT YOU’RE RESPONSIBLE FOR
- Maintain, improve and extend the code base of our front-end applications that power our IoT analytics platform
- Implement web applications using state of the art front-end frameworks
- Work closely together with the UI/UX designer
- Ensure quality through test driven development
- Think about performance and security as keys to build sustainable products
- Do research and derive customer implementation
- Proven experience as a frontend engineer or similar role (5 years+)
- Experience interacting with REST and GraphQl APIs
- Experience with CI/ CD procedures and tools
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Comprehensive understanding of service architecture
- High affinity to transform customer needs into software
- Familiar with testing frameworks like Jest or Cypress
- Craftsmanship to continuously improve and take over responsibility for existing code
- Fluent English
NICE TO HAVE
- Work experience with agile methodologies, such as Scrum
- Experience with CrateDB
- Additional language skills such as Python
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive compensation
- Flexible working hours
- A variety of perks (e.g., financial allowances for public transportation, fitness, and education)
- Participation in our Employee Stock Options Plan
- The opportunity to become part of one of the most exciting startups in the IT scene (Winner of the 2021 IoT Evolution: Industrial IoT Product of the Year Award)
At Crate.io, we don't just accept difference - we celebrate it and support it. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or gender identity.